- Challenges: Working with a group of 43 first-time supervisors (individuals
working primarily in field/operations jobs and possessing extensive production
experience), jump-start the supervisory career of these future leaders and
demonstrate measurable business results due to the group’s development.
- Process: Bovo-Tighe helped this organization create a one year-long Leadership
Program with Psychology of Achievement as the lead training workshop.
Coaching and additional technical and leadership training followed at various
intervals throughout the year. The second half of the program also included
implementation of participant projects, where small teams of 3-4 were charged
with addressing specific business issues. These projects were conducted in
“spare time”, and participants were required to stay on-time and on-task with
existing job responsibilities.
- Results: Program projects generated value of over $3.85 million of immediate
benefit to the organization – in time savings (and corresponding $$
value), productivity increases, revenue enhancements, and efficiencies
gained in processes, labor and/or resources. This calculation did NOT
include future $$ value to the organization past one year.
- Extremely high job performance ratings for the group of participants,
especially when compared to other first-time supervisors.
- Applications for the program TRIPLED in year two, and the entire
program gained the respect and admiration of the entire company,
including the North American CEO who has become an annual speaker
at the kick-off event.
- The program was expanded to a three year program with additional
trainings, coaching, and mentoring elements.
- Challenge 1: Decrease time required to train field engineers.
- Process: Working with this client, Bovo-Tighe developed a 2-day program for newly
hired field engineers designed to promote self-responsibility for learning and teach
enhanced learning techniques.
- Results: Training time was cut from 12 weeks to 8 weeks. Without substantially changing
training content, field engineer test scores improved at the first “testing point”, and the
streamlined training process resulted in the highest completion/graduation rate in 10 years.
- Challenge 2: Re-energize a customer service work team challenged by a 30% staff
- Process: The client decided to provide the 3-day workshop B-T Psychology of
Achievement for all team members.
- Results: Significant reductions in customer incidents and complaints.
- Challenge 3: Improve teamwork and cooperation in new, combined product team
consisting of staff members who previously competed for budget, resources, and
- Process: Each team member was assessed and debriefed with the B-T Communication
and Leadership Process and the B-T Motivating Factors Analysis, and subsequently
attended a B-T Managing for Success workshop to further explain how to better
communicate and work with others. A B-T Organizational Assessment was also
conducted during this workshop, as a way to “map out” the motivators and work styles of
different individuals, and identify opportunities for improving teamwork.
- Results: Action steps were identified at the conclusion of the Workshop, and implemented
to help achieve revenue goals and a 10% reduction in spending.
- Challenge: (1) Improve relations with this organization’s largest customer, and (2) to
evaluate a proposed reorganization of the team servicing this customer.
- Process: Assessments and interviews were conducted by Bovo-Tighe, both internally and
externally, with follow-on recommendations implemented to modify the reorganization
and better meet the needs of the internal team and the customer.
- Results: Bovo-Tighe helped re-connect the team with key executives in the customer’s
organization, thereby repairing a relationship that was previously described by the
customer as “broken beyond repair”. Permanent, sustainable changes were made to
internal business systems that will continue to support excellence in customer service and
Chemical Products Manufacturer
- Challenge 1: Production off-target. The company’s monthly production goal was missed
in 6 out of 7 months prior to the implementation of Bovo-Tighe’s program), resulting in
delays of manufacturing and packaging products. Subsequently, severe issues ensued with
- Process: Bovo-Tighe conducted a thorough evaluation of key operations elements/
processes – management, workers, equipment readiness, scheduling – and recommended
improvements in all four areas.
- Results: In the first full quarter following implementation of the recommendations,
production goals were exceeded (the first quarterly goal met in over three years).
- Challenge 2: Incidents/accidents exceeding safety goals.
- Process: Bovo-Tighe worked with the organization’s staff to assess communication
styles/opportunities and helped design a training program to “engage” the supervisors and
workers who were experiencing incidents/accidents.
- Results: 34% actual reduction in injury/illness rate in the first full year of the program.
This far surpassed the program’s goal of 10% reduction.
- Challenges: Enhance business relationship with key customers and increase sales. This
company had recently experienced a major re-organization due to challenging market
conditions, and needed to show immediate sales improvement with its largest accounts.
- Process: Bovo-Tighe designed and implemented a “Customer Satisfaction” survey
process that quickly gained necessary data about the perceptions and wants of these
customers, and followed up with recommendations to modify sales strategy and tactics.
- Results: During the next year, this company enjoyed an 18% increase in overall sales
revenue, despite a 10% reduction in its sales staffing/expense budget.
- Challenges: Improve internal communication, resolve management/staff conflicts and
retain key staff members (who were threatening to leave because of the work
- Process: All management/staff completed Bovo-Tighe’s “Communication and
Leadership” and “Motivating Factors” assessments, and attended workshops designed to
debrief assessment reports and understand how to use information from the assessments in
- Results: All key staff members were retained. “What we are focusing on now is WHAT
we are doing, not HOW”, said the Director of the organization. “Bovo-Tighe helped us
identify what the front-line managers should be doing, what mid-level managers should be
doing, and how they can work together cooperatively, instead of as adversaries”.
Sales Division of B2B Products Manufacturer/Marketer
- Challenge: Improve hiring success.
- Process: Bovo-Tighe’s validated assessment methodologies were used to help
“benchmark” the motivating factors and work styles shared by successful incumbent sales
reps. This effort resulted in a “profile” that is used to help evaluate new sales candidates.
- Results: Over the past two years, sales division turnover, historically almost 50% during a
salesperson’s first 24 months of employment, was cut in half. This positive change has
contributed substantially to increased revenues/profits in a down economy.